What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. dichotoma flowering

Here it is where it lives year round outdoors. The first picture is of the flowers, and the second the surface with a few drosera interlopers. I think the big one is D. rotundifolia but I'm not sure. There are some pygmy in there, too.

U_dichotoma_flowers.sized.jpg

U_dichotoma_w_drosera.sized.jpg

Capslock

depending on who you talk to, U. dichotoma, U. monanthos, and U. novae-zealandiae are just variations of U. dichotoma. some split them into species, some leave them as varieties of U. dichotoma and some say they are all just U. dichotoma. however my U. novae-zealandiae looks qute different from your plant there. nice pics and beautiful flowers

Oooooh aaaaah! Keep 'em coming!

Very nice but that is not the monanthos form. Looks like regular U. dichotoma. The monanthos form has inflorescences about 1-2cm tall.

Personally I like to keep them labelled seperate as either U. monanthos or U. dichotoma f. monanthos. They may be be very similar to U. dichotoma but the short inflorescence is very distinct in my opinion.

Tony

Allen Lowries third book makes the differenec between monothos and dichotoma quite clear. It is definatly U. dichotoma

Back