Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U. macrorhiza in montana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,

Bobz,

I've seen that website before and the place in Oregon looks exactly like the spot in Montana. It seems like most of the CP habitats in the temperate zones look similar. There's also another bladderwort that grows in the same pond. I believe that it is U. intermedia. It is an affixed aquatic--the stolons float on the surface, while the rest of the plant (including the bladders) are anchored in the soil that lies on the bottom of the pond. I'm hoping both species will flower this summer. I also found some sphagnum bogs in the higher elevations that look promising, but it's still too cold. I believe sundews grow in them.

Laura and rattler,

Stop hijacking my thread!--just kidding. You can ship the U. sandersonii whenever you have the time. I'm in no hurry. If you are ever in the area, drop me an email and I'll show you the place. I charge 1 U. sandersonii plug for the econo-tour. Basically, we drive down the road and I point in the general direction where the bladderworts grow. I charge 2 U. sandersonii plugs for the delux tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, you should find d. rotundifolia there, and if you are really fortunate, you may be lucky enough to find, d. anglica. Used to find round leaved sundews all the time in the Glacier National Park.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! My hands have been cyber slapped! Oh no! Rattler, your hands got cyber slapped too. Will we ever survive this cyber abuse ;)

Biran- post more photos or me and Rattler are gonna gang up on you and cyber slap your hands for withholding goods which is a far worse offense than hijacking threads!

PSSSST Rattler don't let Biran see I'm off topic again but... e-mail me a wedding photo! Use the WildLifeGardener address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12