What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing

Isn't it amazing that I can get my U.tricolor to begin a flower scape but I can't even get U.livida to form even one
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewy @ Aug. 15 2005,1:22)]Isn't it amazing that I can get my U.tricolor to begin a flower scape but I can't even get U.livida to form even one
smile_n_32.gif
thats just cruel, dont tease me. i threw some tricolor divisions in the steamy enviroment of my one dart frog tank hoping to get a scrape. congrats, i hope it doesnt abort on yah and PLEAAAAAAAAASE get a pic if you actually get a flower, i would love to see it.

Getting a flowerscape is the easy part. Getting it to flower is the problem. I've been growing the species for nearly 20 years and every single scape ever produced has aborted. It doesn't help that they always form at the beginning of summer and get whacked by the first hot day we receive.

Yeah, mine have been scaping all summer. But do I see a flower? No! And yet nearly every other Utric that has sent up stalks has flowered.

i cant even get scrapes from mine. this lil bugger really torques me off. ive grown the thing 6 different ways and not a single scrape. every single pot of it is doing beautifully but i cant get it to flower.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Aug. 16 2005,8:19)]i cant even get scrapes from mine. this lil bugger really torques me off. ive grown the thing 6 different ways and not a single scrape. every single pot of it is doing beautifully but i cant get it to flower.
Well, I give mine lots of light and about a half inch of water and let it evaporate completely before I fill it back up. Maybe this will help.
smile_m_32.gif

Well, the tricolor flower stalk aborted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewy @ Aug. 19 2005,4:18)]Well, the tricolor flower stalk aborted.
Welcome to the club!

And when I did my U. subulata purge the other day, I discovered that it wasn't the U. tricolor at all that was sending up aborted scapes. It was that dratted subulata! Double bummer!

Back