What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric photo show v1.0

Well I see a lot of these photo threads in the other forums but not this one, therefore I have created this thread for posting pics of all utrics/aldrovanda/genlisea, aquatic or terrestrial, it doesn't matter. So let me start out with some (somewhat crappy) pictures of my terrestrial utrics.

Utricularia longifolia
Ulongifolia0823.jpg

[Taken August 23, 2005] --It is recovering from shipping fast.--

Utricularia livida
Ulivida0823.jpg

[Taken August 23, 2005]

Utricularia lateriflora
Ulateriflora0823.jpg

[Taken August 23, 2005] --It looks kinds whimpy because of shipping.--

Woo hoo! Start posting pics....nnnnNOW!

-(Kyle)-

U. arenaria
Utriculariaarenaria.jpg

U sandersonii (it had fallen off so those are tweezers in the background... I had to keep it still!)
Usandersoniiflr.jpg

U livida
Ulivida.jpg

Ulivida2.jpg

Good idea, I'll keep this pinned, lets see how many pics we can get. I'll see if I can take some pictures of my utrics while I'm at it.

Cole

Awesome! I'll try to take a decent pic of my U. vulgaris and my mystery aquatic utric. Not for identifying though, that'll be impossible until it flowers.

-(Kyle)-

Here are a few of mine.
U. arenaria
U_arenariaFlowerF352.JPG

U. bisquamata
U_bisquamata0744.JPG

U. calycifida 'Asenath Waite'
U_calcifidaAsenath1358.JPG
U_calcifidaAsenath1353.JPG

U. calycifida ‘Yog-Sothoth’
U_calcifidaYog1345.JPG
U_calcifidaYog1344.JPG

U. delicatula
U_delicatula1901.JPG

U. longifolia
U_longifolia0425.JPG
U_longifolia0428.JPG

U. pubescens
U_pubescens2100.JPG

U. sandersonii
U_sandersonii_typicalbunch.JPG

U. sandersonii (blue flower)
U_sandersonii_blue.JPG

U. tridentata
U_tridentata0841.JPG
U_tridentata0843.JPG

U. welwitschii
U_welwitschiiF922.JPG
U_welwitschiiS932.JPG

ill break out the camera later this week. i must make a mental note to look for U. calycifida 'Asenath Waite', i dont have that cultivar yet. stunning photos Bob.

WOW! That's a lot of sandersonii flowers!!! It looks like an army of bunnies! xD

watch this ;]

2762.jpg

U.dichotoma trap

btw feel free to see other galleries at www.nepenti.com they are really worth to see them.
here's a quick link if you don't want to search too long:
Nepenti gallery

Apparently there have been a few changes to the forum configuration and I will finally be able to remote link photos from my webspace. Here is a trial to see if that is the case.

Utricularia%20multifida2%20051004.JPG

EDIT: Obviously it works!! Finally I will be able to update my avatar!!! Thanks Suzanne!!!!

I'm no photographer, but here are a few pictures:

th_AF003701.jpg

th_U.jpg

U_longifolia.sized.jpg

Unknown Utric:

unknown.jpg

U. livida stalk:

livida_stalk.jpg

U. livida plant:

livida2.jpg

livida3.jpg

U. gibba:

gibba1.jpg

-Ben

Ben, that unknown Utric looks an awful lot like it could be the dreaded U. subulata.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Let us know if it sends up flower stalks.

The only thing is that it lives in the same pot as the U. livida that I also took pics of. Though, I don't mind the subulata living there.

-Ben

I would suggest considering separating the two and providing larger quarters for them. Also, keep the possible U. subulata far away from everything else!

Well, I'm not sure that's really possible right now.

1) My U. livida is sending up 3 flower stalks, and is spreading out quite nicely in its very large pot. (What I am saying is, I do not want to remove it from this pot, because it is rather large, and the pot was meant for it.)

2) The U. livida is spreading faster than the U. subulata, and has leaves 2-3 times larger than it. (And so it might smother the U.subulata.)

3) If the U. subulata sends up stalks, I can snip 'em off before they get very tall.

4) It isn't really bothering me, or my plants.

5) We can be optimistic, and assume it is U. bisquamata.
smile.gif

-Ben

Looks like bisquamata to me. Well it looks like my bisquamata to me
smile_m_32.gif

Back