What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hit the jackpot this weekend

i found these lil guys at a mom and pop greenhouse while out of town this weekend. there is two 2 inch pots loaded with VFTs

d3f157a0.jpg

Wow, those look very vigorous! Did they grow them in house or did you just luck out and get them fresh off the truck?
~Joe

Looks like a clump straight out of tissue culture. Very Nice
-Nick

i would say they were planted like this out of TC. the had larger individual plants grown singlely in the same pots. but at $7.50 a pot i desided to get the most bang for my buck

IS mom&pops greenhouse a big greenhouse across the US or is it just one greenhouse?

a "mom and pop" is just a privatly owned green house, or other store. i think the place was called "Green Thumb" or something along those lines. i think my sister said se saw the exact same VFTs at Walmart.

Looks like mom and pop know how to grow vfts!

Capslock

My Lord....look at all those little hungry mouths waiting to be fed. Very nice plants.

Very nice find
cool.gif
I need to start looking in more greenhouses...

You wouldn't of happened to be In Augusta while out of town would ya?  We have a pace here thats a mom and pop type place thats called green thumb, but could be a very common name..  LOL

Nice plants BTW

nope i was in Helena, MT, 6.5 hours away from me on the other side of the state. thats 6.5 hours averaging 75-80mph, big darn state considering i was only about 2/3 the way across. my wife was at meetings and i was cruising pawn shops and such trying to keep myself out of trouble. the greenhouse was about a block from where her meetings were so it was my first stop.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Sep. 26 2005,10:12)]i found these lil guys at a mom and pop greenhouse while out of town this weekend. there is two 2 inch pots loaded with VFTs

d3f157a0.jpg
Dang. those are huge! I have only had my vft for 2 years. Since then it has only grown 1.5 its size. I really need to get it into more sunlight.

huge? not really, maybe i should take a pic with something for size referance. my one other VFT has traps 5 times larger than these guys and its not even a large trap VFT. the VFTs in this pot are small with traps barly big enough to handle an average sized house fly.

Back