What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmart has vft!

• Thread starter prizmbatch
  • Start date
Does any one know where i can drive to get one in the MD. area rather than order it off the net??

Well thats a first. I thought every town had a Wallmart.

-Rail

I bought SEVEN VFT from Walmart!! I didn't even know this thread existed. I better post pics soon.

I got a lovely all-green Dentae there. I'm checking another store tonight to see if I can locate some more.

The store I've been to had fused-teeth, dentae, and what I believe are "big-mouth" traps.

And yes, they -definately- are better than the Lowes plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EntwinedScylla @ Feb. 17 2006,3:49)]I got a lovely all-green Dentae there. I'm checking another store tonight to see if I can locate some more.

The store I've been to had fused-teeth, dentae, and what I believe are "big-mouth" traps.

And yes, they -definately- are better than the Lowes plants.
Wow, that is truly exciting. I believe I may have chanced upon Big Mouths as well. I saw 1 Dentae but it truly seemed half dead.

::Chanting to self:: Must investigate more walmarts

I will post up pics of my walmart plants soon.

7Santiago. with that attitude, many will get very nice VFT's while you miss out, thinking they are dead. Worried? Flush the pot you buy them in with RO or distilled water, repot, and watch them grow. And try to quit throwing out sooo many "negative waves", Moriarity!
"Always with the negative waves, Moriarity! Why can't you think of something righteous!??!?" ("Kelly's Heroes" Watch it! Excellent!!!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 21 2006,8:55)]("Kelly's Heroes" Watch it! Excellent!!!)
I prefer Hogan's Heroes! "I know nothing!"

JimScott, I already know that. Give new information, man! Snap it up!!!!! And please, know something!!!!

30 days in the cooler!
smile_m_32.gif

OMIGAWD!!!! HE KNOWS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

What was the original topic about again? Yes... VFT's at Walmart. Never seen a CP at any of the Walmarts I've been in. Maybe the 24 hour ones?

They have to be the larger super-center types, with the floral department from what I've seen. These were kept in that kind of area (the baloons, bouquets, air ferns... etc). I don't know if others keep them in the garden center.

That is logical. Maybe after work I'll saunter to the lone supercenter in the Buffalo metro area.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 23 2006,6:16)]That is logical. Maybe after work I'll saunter to the lone supercenter in the Buffalo metro area.
What I do:

Call walmart (look them up online for the phone numbers for stores in your area)

It's NOT an answering message (at least for me)

Ask, "Can I be transferred to the garden center?"

Wait...

Then ask, "Do you have Venus Fly Traps in stock?"

I found many of my walmarts have them. A few don't. Call ahead and ask how many trays or how many dozen they have to see if they even have a good selection. good luck! they're only $5 each.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fotki @ Feb. 24 2006,4:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 23 2006,6:16)]That is logical. Maybe after work I'll saunter to the lone supercenter in the Buffalo metro area.
What I do:

Call walmart (look them up online for the phone numbers for stores in your area)

It's NOT an answering message (at least for me)

Ask, "Can I be transferred to the garden center?"

Wait...

Then ask, "Do you have Venus Fly Traps in stock?"

I found many of my walmarts have them. A few don't. Call ahead and ask how many trays or how many dozen they have to see if they even have a good selection. good luck! they're only $5 each.
And while your at it ask them how thier dead fish are. They're really good at stocking those too.

Tom

I just took a quick visit to our local Walmart Supercenter. They aint got no CP's! I'm a few weeks too early.

The Wal-Mart around here never has any CPs, but they do have a lot of dead fish though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gemini528 @ Feb. 26 2006,3:12)]The Wal-Mart around here never has any CPs, but they do have a lot of dead fish though!
Those aren't dead fish! They are Nep food!
smile_n_32.gif

The Home Depot, OSH, and Yard Birds in my city all have Venus Flytraps from Bloom Rite Nurserymen's Exchange. I haven't seen anyone else mention VFTs from this company. Maybe their plants are found only around the Bay Area, the company is in Half Moon Bay, CA.
They are A LOT better than any of the CP i've seen from Gurbler Orchids (which Home Depot usually has).

I bought this one 3 weeks ago:
VFT.jpg

Back