Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well its quite funny how i got intreste din the vly traps, i was takign my PSAT this mornign and one of the passages that we had to ready was about the fly taps, and sundenly i remembered how many flies we have at our home ( i dunno but these flies appeared outta nowhere) so i thought i might get a venus fly trap and try it out. im gonna care for it inside an din san diego its colda t night and early mornign but hot durign mid day or so, and its gonn abe in a terririum, also where do i find rain water, or distilled water?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Urban and welcome to the forums! Make sure you the plant lotsa light. Distilled water can be purchased by the gallon at your local grocery store, for about 60 cents. However, your climate is great for keeping it outside all year round, which would be better for the plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, put it outside in full sun and it will grow like crazy in San Diego!!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, but we just moved and ourt outside garden is like dirt right now so i cant really plant it there now, but i will move it out there once the back i sall finished.

is there anyway i can just keep the plant in the terririum and put it outside for like a certain amt of hours each day? right now atleast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i just ordered the small moderate humidity terririum kit from this website,:laugh: [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (urban @ Oct. 13 2005,7:27)]ok, but we just moved and our outside garden is like dirt right now so i cant really plant it there now, but i will move it out there once the back i sall finished.
    Just as well you don't plant it there at any time. Regular garden soil would kill your VFT. Keep it in a pot of sphagnum peat based potting mix or most any other nutrient poor potting medium.

The terrarium will work fine. I would not cover the opening on top, though. Leaving it open will help keep the air inside from getting stagnant which could cause fungus problems.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait what, if i leave the top open it will cause fungus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he meant is if you keep it closed then it would cause fungus growth. Also, you could just keep it in a pot of peat moss/perlite or sand on a sunny patio. If you are using it for fly control it wont work very well. You'll have to have a lot. Like 10-15 to even start fly control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast