Hi everyone im new here and would like to ask just a few questions about my VFT's that i recently got from WalMart about 2 wks ago.
1. They deffinately wernt in any sun while at WalMart, they were in a dark shaded area.
2. I know they were waterd with city water and Cadillac is known for having a extremly high chlorine/floride and other chemicals, you can smell a bleachy smell from a good distance when water is running from a faucet in that town.
3. Whatever it is there potted in looks pretty rank, "like the cow manure we use for our gardens, no perlite or sand in the potting mix from what i can see.
4. Hardly any dead traps or leafs, i trimed off what 2 dead traps there were and cleaned some of the crud away from the leafs/traps.
5. I have waterd with distilled water and also set all 4 of them up inside a glass house terrairium that i plan on fixing up for them, it has foil back and sides and also a 15watt soft white and a 15 watt grow light above them, they are still in there original pots and i have deep caps under them with tiny amount of distilled water they sit in plus under the deep caps i have spag moss on the bottom of the terrairium thats in 1 inch of water, each seperate pot has alot of traps and each pot 3 diffrent traps got flies. I do not prod or poke the traps just for fun as i think thats just wrong making them close for the heck of it.
Now my question is, do i take and repot with the right potting mix for the VFT's and get them rinsed off with distilled water?? Or do i leave them in what there in now??
Should i make sure they go thru a dormancy?? Or do i wait since they went thru so much from where they were shiped from to WalMart and so forth it has to have been very stressful on them.
My windows do get light but prob is im totaly in the woods way outa town and the trees block the sun most of the day. So untill the trees are totaly bare theres no sun commin thru my windows for the VFT's. I will get pics tomarrow of the VFT's and how i have them set up and post it in this thread..
[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] I thank you all for your time and any info help you give.. This is a really wonderful site...
THANK YOU!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]