What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormancy?

took these pics of my plants today... do they look like their going into dormancy? the temps around here are hitting mid 30's at night.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'>http://www.freewebs.com/acura323/IMG_2077.jpg</span>[/QUOTE]
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'>http://www.freewebs.com/acura323/IMG_2079.jpg</span>[/QUOTE]

Not looking to dormant to me

Zac

hmmm... well they usually are indoors under fluorescent lighting but i put them outside about 2 weeks ago to accustom them to the cold before i put them in the fridge for the winter do u think theyll be good to go into the fridge by thanksgiving? thanksss

Those are far from dormant. You should see mine, they will die WAY back when it's time for dormancy. You'll think they are dead.

-Rail

I don't see any pictures, so I know the computer savvy youth are doing something different.

Okay, I tried copy & paste to the address bar and saw them.

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

They're still a ways away from dormant. Give them some more time. They'll look like "death warmed over" eventually.

im planning on putting these traps into the fridge inside of their pot after removing all growth to avoid fungus now if my plants still look this way by thanksgving can i just go ahead and cut the growth back and put into fridge anyways? they have been experiencing mid 30's weather for about a month by then...thanks

You should put them in about now. Even if they're not dormant they will suffer the more you keep them from dormancy.

Zac

Back