What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Equilbrio Carnivorous Plants

I'm thinking about getting some red piranha, red dragon, dentate, regular, and a big trap VFT from here. Has anyone bought from here? If so tell me if they plants are good and anything else I should know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]red dragon, dentate, regular

Why not buy those from here? Go to Petflytrap.com at the top of the page.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why not buy those from here? Go to Petflytrap.com at the top of the page.

I second that, although you'll have to look elsewhere for a "Big" Venus Flytrap.

I ordered some plants from them off E-Bay. The communication sucks but I have never seen another company package their plants better and they are quick. Go ahead and order from them they are a good company.

-Rail

What time of the year did you order them? If in winter were they dorment?

I got my VFT's from them aswell, before finding this site.
The communications I had with them were good. I just had to step up and ask questions. They always responded with 24hrs.

I ordered in spring, and the plants were just coming out of dormancy.

This site doesn't offer anything other then typical do they?

I ordered from them about 4 months ago, got a Red Dragon. As far as communication, they will respond if you ask them something but for me it was just a general answer-all E-Mail. It answered my question but I like to have more of a one on one with sellers.

-Rail

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Nov. 25 2005,4:32)]This site doesn't offer anything other then typical do they?
Please see Alvin Meister's post above.  They do offer what he says from what I can see, and even 'Green Dragon' when it is available in a collection of VFTs.  

While we do have to use other sources at times, it is good to patronize this site when you can.  After all, they are hosting TerraForums at their cost, and it is proper and polite (but not mandatory) to support them when we can.  In fact, I'll be placing an order for fungicide and plant tags from them within the next day or two.  Sure, I can pick these up anywhere, but their prices are good, and I don't have to step out of the house, so why not??  
smile.gif

they have the best selection of plants ive seen. I ordered a ceph giant an i was amazed to find they sent me a clump of eight plants. I like carnivorousplantnursery.com better though...

I respectfully request that all discussion of other sources for CP stop.  If you want to ask questions about experiences with other sources, please PM members who may have had these experiences.   You may have to contact a few people to do this, but this site, as I mentioned before, sells CP (including cephs!), and they are providing this site as a courtesy to us to allow discussion of plant culture, etc.  I've seen threads like this deleted before, and I'm not going to do that at this time.  I know you guys are just trying to share information, but let's not do it to the detriment of the TF site owner's ability to make a living.

smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Im ordering plants from Phil..
smile_m_32.gif
Hey dont we have a section for good and bad dealers? People can always put there buying experiances there. I think it would be good to know who can be trusted and who cant. Just a sugestion..
smile_l_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif

Well, it seems the newly obsessed are always thinking good thoughts!! Not a bad idea Cuda...I personally like it...but, the 'good' dealers would then be competition to PFT for plants they sell.  And how do we define 'bad dealers', by the experiences of a few?  Or even if it's many, it could stir a hornets nest.  You know, ask a thousand people their opinion, get a thousand different answers.
smile_m_32.gif

As was pointed out to me by another moderator (more experienced and smarter than me), there are no hard a fast rules to this type of discussion.  If plants truly are not available at PFT, people want to know where to get them.  But if they are sold here, I don't think it's good to advertise another source for the same thing.

Now, here is what I would do--go to an experienced grower with a PM.  There are many here and the best way to find them is to look within each topic.  You'll quickly learn who the resident experts are.  And guess what, many of the moderators seem to know their stuff, especially the ones who lead specific forums.

Finally, the smart and experienced mod who helped me was not you Ozzy, Bugweed, PAK etc.  It was Andrew.   He told me he really runs this show anyway, and always to go to him for answers.  
smile_n_32.gif

Can you really call this thread advertising? Looks like he's just asking an opinion.

-Rail

Yes, Copcar FC.  He did just ask for an opinion.  It was others who followed with comments about this and other sources which sell the same plants sold here, excluding the large VFT variant.  One example is 'Red Dragon' VFT--sold here.  For another example, mention was made of a source for Cephalotus.  You can find them here

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....y214335

The issue is more of talking about plants that are sold here, and other nurseries that sell them.  As I said, no hard and fast rules here.  Trying to find out if a nursery is good or not good is different from plugging other sources for plants sold here--that's all.  
smile.gif

Back