Osram 55W PL Lights x 2
    Daylight
    4550lm each
    VFTs are 4" away from the light source
    12hr photoperiod

On 31 Dec 2005

Tonight

Another pair for constrast

Just for fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most recent trap. Love the red. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Same conditions as the plant in the previous post.

Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Cindy! I think your flourescents are like greenhouse whitewashed panels helping the reddening process. It would be nice if you could put them in full sun so we could see what happened then. Whether they retained the red, or lost color. Best case would be red no matter what!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i put my Vft outside behind a bush and all of the leaves burned right off! i think it was just adjusting but now i got the crescent shaped prototraps which i know isnt normal. Now i have a growlight though(only one bulb...its all i can afford for now) and the leaves are now shorter and the traps a becoming a little more normal. my other VFT is flowering! its a very weak plant so im going to let it flower and get seed. another thing...when the traps open they do not close once they are 'teased'. i tore off one of the traps and there were no trigger hairs in there! what could be causing this
    thanks
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Anoxos @ Dec. 06 2005,7:36)]Honestly, the informal survey here is no way to gather any really useful information folks. No offense meant to anyone, but there are just too many unmentioned variables. And most of us are just informal growers anyhow. All this anecdotal evidence of good or bad growth under lights is just that - anecdotal.
    Killjoy!

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow my traps on the patio. I've had them a little over a month and there starting to enter dormancy...but man, i can't wait for the summer to come, those things will probably redden up real nice. a few of mine are pink on the inside but thats about it.

-peace
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is "bubbled sun"?
    Quote Originally Posted by uglypho View Post
    (--Bugweed @ Dec. 07 2005,9:07)
    Sunlight to a VFT is extremely important for its best growth. However, the sun, though responsible for the coloring process, is not the whole picture. We all know that anthocyanin cells in CP is the cause of their coloration. How a VFT colors up, and the "triggers" involved are another story. The old assumption of, "put the plant in the sun to promote the red coloration" is wrong. Yes, the plants may have genetics that respond to full sun, and the plants redden up. However, their are other triggers that have nothing to do with full sun that will turn the plant into a kaliedoscope of color. How the sun shines on some VFT's is the "secret" to their coloration. Some color up only in bright shade. Some will only respond to sun filtered through tall grasses or the dappling effect it would get through the branches of a tree. Many variables will produce bright, rich color, while some, genetically, won't color up to any extent, no matter what you do. So light is the key, but the most important factor, is how the sun shines, or doesn't shine, on a particular plant. The fun part is experimenting with your baby until you get the coloration you are looking for, using the guidelines above. Expect to to get negligable results from some of your babies too! In the CP world, nothing is usually an absolute in the life of a CP/VFT! EXPERIMENT!!! I did.

Wow. How did I miss this post. I remember before I grew a giant variety in bubbled sun by Eucalyptus trees in the back yard. The plant was growing very strong and red. I mean it got red so fast that by sunset I would go outside and newly opened traps from morning already have color in them. After I moved to my new house which had no trees, the same giant variety received full sun but only produced green traps with faint red outlines at most. However, in full sun, my all varieties turned deep chocolate all over. So I think I'll be looking ito bubbled sun, morning sun, sunset sun more. Also I'll have to experiment with sun reflected off white stucco walls.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add another variable that I didn't see mentioned, I've noticed that my plants get their darkest red in the fall when:
    - days are getting shorter
    - nights are colder (& days too)
    - sun is lower in the southern sky @ mid-day
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast