What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Dormacy Pics

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while but to let everyone know, I still check the forums every so often.
Well, I finally got a digital camera. I'm still getting the hang of using it, so the pics aren't the best... but here they are after being frozen for the past few weeks (looking ugly as they should during the winter).

Dormant VFT's

Pretty cool (I mean ugly, but in a good way!). But, why is your D. capensis in dormancy?

-Ben

I have to leave all my plants outside during the winter now since I don't have a terrainium anymore (too much work).  To my suprise they are still alive after being in the garage in 15*F weather.  This just proves how tough those little plants are.
Once you get the hang of growing cps, there really isn't that much work involved. I just check up on them every so often to water them and make sure there is no fungus growth.

Hey, mine's look similar to yours too! except I think mine are uglier, but the leaves are still green, so I don't think it really matters.

When they in dormancy, they still grow new traps??

I think either they stop growing or they grow so slow that by the time the trap has formed, it's probably dying by then.

Nice dormant plants Pete. The red is still really coming out strong!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Dec. 19 2005,11:08)]I think either they stop growing or they grow so slow that by the time the trap has formed, it's probably dying by then.
I see. Thanks.
But i thought they will like dry up or turn brownish colour...

Back