What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof that 82 watts is good for a VFT

[b said:
Quote[/b] (indymental @ Jan. 18 2006,1:11)]How do your plants cope with a dormancy in terrariums?
They sleep in the fridge during the winter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (indymental @ Jan. 18 2006,4:11)]How do your plants cope with a dormancy in terrariums?
Or go into the garage.

-Ben

Hey so cool!, i like the page a lot!
smile_m_32.gif
, well, maybe ppl can leave they vft just out of terrarium, they will froz at night in any room, well im below frezing point!! , nice asociation, Can i join?

Do ya grow vfts in terrariums?

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Jan. 18 2006,5:29)].... they will froz at night in any room, well im below frezing point!! ,
Your rooms indoors go below freezing at night time
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I would have to move somewhere warmer. Freezing temperatures are for outdoors only.

Lol. I'm going to be making a page on the site for pics of people's vfts that they grow in terrariums. But you guys can also send me pics of other Vfts that are grown in greenhouses and such. You can just e-mail me the pic, and I'll put it on my page. Just say where ya grow it. My e-mail is: bamaud2@gmail.com

Let me know if ya want me to put your name under the photo so everyone knows who's plant it is.

-Ben

Hey Drosera36, i got some pics of newly aquierd VFTs in a terrarium from back when i got mine, but there in pots in the terrarium, does it matter if we keep our VFTs in pots in the terrarium or do the have to be fully planted in the terraium?? I currently house my VFTs in a terrarium and in pots.

indymental, if we have baby VFTs i dont think they need to go thru dormancy there first yr or so but with the older ones if we have them in pots down in a terrarium we can always move them out of it to have them experiance and go thru dormancy...

*Barracuda_45*, no it doesn't matter if the vfts are in pots or are planted directly into the terrarium. As long as they're actually in some sorta enclosed thingy.

-Ben

So is anyone gonna send their pics?

-Ben

Hey Drosera36, sorry i havent been around was sick then been working with my pokies= ornamental tarantulas and also on other things around the house i will get with you tomarrow and get pics to you..
smile_m_32.gif

Hey... i lost the post but i got it again... i dont have vft now.. but i will get 2 soon, and a lot of other plants, wen i have them... can i join??, petry petry please...
smile_n_32.gif
Hey i got a question... if they bloom... i need cut the flower off!!!, i hope no i love flowering plants
smile.gif
, well see ya soon, i need sleep.

Ok, that's great *Barracuda_45*.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Jan. 30 2006,12:32)]can i join??, petry petry please...
smile_n_32.gif
That depends....are ya gonna grow them in terrariums?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Jan. 30 2006,12:32)]
Hey i got a question... if they bloom... i need cut the flower off!!!, i hope no i love flowering plants
smile.gif
Ya only need to cut the flower off if ya don't want to risk your plant getting exhausted. Some people say that it doesn't affect their plants, though, if your plant is unhealthy, I wouldn't let it flower. Plus, the flowers are pretty unattractive anyways.
-Ben

ok.. the vft are new i dont know if they are fine..but well i cut them off... but next year i take revange
smile_n_32.gif
, sure i will grow them in terrarium, i hope they go fine, all is going to be in the terrarium.... but in winter.....all out (exept droseras sure), wel tomorrow i hope they get here, i will tell us.

Ben, Will you PLEASE stop bumping the topic just to keep it on top? You have enough interested parties to do the terraria thing, so STOP IT!

Oh, ok. Never mind, then.

-Ben

on the picture of the whole plant i noticed somthing mine has. a little trap that is very short and and lies flat on the ground with the trap sidways instead of vertical.in your picture its on the bottom right... is it natural?

Back