Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice vft ebeyonder!How long have you had these plants?And what growing conditions are they in?

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I've had most of them for about 2-3 yrs, save for the last one which I only recently acquired. They are grown in full sun in a tropical climate (constant temps all year-round of around 30 degrees c and very high humidity). They have not been given dormancy for the time I've had them. Maybe this year, if I feel confident enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EB, You had better give them a dormancy if you expect to keep them. They can live without dormancy 2 to 3, maybe even 4 years long, but they will die if they don't get their winters rest.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about those plants, they have not had any type of dormacy for about 3 years? Maybe you should save one or two as test plants and continue this method of growing them to see how they grow. Because in my experience a season of skipped dormacy is ok, but they plants start declining quickly if they don't rest the following season. But in your case of a few missed dormacys those plants are one of the best looking plants I have seen for a while!
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice! must be perfect for thos healthy vfts
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your comments and advice. Yes, I will be giving them dormancy this year; I think I feel confident enough and will acquire a small wine-chiller just for this purpose. I will, of course, be keeping some plants out of dormancy - in case I lose them all - so they can serve the purpose of seeing if VFTs can survive for long if grown like this.

I have to clarify that some plants may actually have only missed 2, as opposed to 3, dormancies. The reason for this is that some are actually cuttings/splits of the main plants. I suppose if it's a cutting, the dormancy starts from 0 again? But I am a bit more curious about the splits - are these to be regarded as being part of the parent plant so that they can be said to have/have not experienced the same number of dormancies? In some cases, the "splits" are smaller than the parent plant, leading me to think that they are actually fresh, though unintended, cuttings.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow weeeeeeeeeeee those are beautiful VFTs, wish mine looked that nice... Just stunning... Thanks for sharring awsome pics... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast