What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help me please

ok i just watered my vft and these bugs with some white things (assuming eggs) floated up and started running like crazy. so what are they and how di i kill them? if they are aphids theres no damage yet so i must have cought them early. please help. they are tiny little black spots that move. i can barley see them.

so what's a springtail? now the bugs are crawling all over the plant. ahhhhhhhhh i hate bugs

nope not springtails i googled them and that is not what i see. i honestly think they are aphids. so now what?

they move pretty quick when i watered them just watching them crawl around they move i wouldn't say snail slow but also not very fast

You can submerge your plant under water for a day to kill them.

I get those in my soil from time to time. I've never noticed any damage from their presence. If your really concerned about them you could always use a light mixture of neem oil. Alot of people here seem to use clearys, but short of ordering online I can't seem to find it.

Aphids tend to cluster around stems and leaves and are pretty still most of the time. If these things are running over the media they are not aphids. springtails are tiny and pictures on the web are deceptive because you would not see the detail in the insects that you see in the pictures. do they jump at all when you pour the water onto the pots?

fungus nats? maybe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prizmbatch @ Jan. 28 2006,4:46)]ahhhhhhhhh i hate bugs
Perhaps you should reconsider CPs as a hobby... ;)
~Joe

Back