Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeds from a red piranha?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How or where do I get a true red piranha plant then? Or seeds of one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably best to try obtaining one through the trade forum or contacting Ivan Snyder personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Ivan Snyder? What about buying one from some online place? I'm not sure this place has any though so I'll have to find somewhere. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the plant is from division will it's seeds become like the plant that the seeds came from. In simple words: will seeds from a red piranha division produce red piranha plants?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOPE! A plant from a division is an exact copy (clone) of the original plant. For more info see this topic Seeds from a red piranha? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The topic link you put up is for this topic. So if it is a clone of a red piranha plant how will it not produce seeds that grow to me like it? This plant stuff is confusing. How or where do you get a red piranha that would produce seeds that would grow into another red piranha VFT? I was looking to buy one and in time have it flower and then get more buy the seeds. I don't want to have keep buying a new one if something happens.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plain and simple: No matter what variety of VFT seed you sow, the majority of the plants that grow will look lik typical VFTs. The few that don't may slightly resemble the parent plant(s). One in a million may look like the parent plant. There is only one type of VFT, the typical VFT. All other VFT varieties are a variation of the typical VFT. The typical VFT genes are dominant.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Feb. 15 2006,1:47)]Plain and simple: No matter what variety of VFT seed you sow, the majority of the plants that grow will look lik typical VFTs.
    Plain and simple: This is absolutely, positively NOT true! I have been breeding and growing vft for decades...yes that's at least 20 years and seed produced from a red piranha will produce red piranha-ish plants and seed produced from dente will produce dente-ish plants and seed produced from red dragon and green dragon will produce red dragon-ish and green dragon-ish plants.

If you have done the research yourself, invested the years, worked with pure clonal stock and repeated the process again and again then I will accept your opinion as stated. But you see...I have done this for you already, MANY times.

So to answer JMurphy97's question: YES!!! Seed produced from a Red Piranha vft WILL produce plants that resemble Red Piranha. I've already proven this say...oh...200 times!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast