Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Walmart VFTs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you expecting Walmart supporters? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I think unless you're on their payroll, mild irritation with them is about as good a feeling as one gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carito, I live in Ohio. All the Wal-Marts I've been to in Ohio dont have em! Thats retarded, cuz I really want one, and I'm afraid mine wont grow well. (Have u ever seen a 15 year old girl with fake nails on too scared to take the peat pellet outta the water because its too nasty? Come to my house.) Its stupid cuz the workers there are so stupid. I went up to the lady and she was standing around the plants department and I went "Do u have Venus Fly Traps?" and shes like "I dont know, this isnt my dapertment," and walks away. Nobody was there, either. Just her. But anyway, most wal marts just have like cactus plants and no CP's. BTW, I might buy one online if none of these stores around here have em [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]. Lowes only gets these little seeds for 8 year olds. It says "Grow your own VFT!" and its got a pot in it, and a peat pellet, the seeds and stuff. I'm afraid mine wont grow, so I'm trying to get a real one as backup! LOL!

-The Nail Gun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to my local Lowes yesterday and they finally had VFTs and Sundews. I bought a VFT and it looks in fairly good shape. I took the cover off and added water to the bottom clear cube naturally and placed it in my south kitchen window.

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wal-Mart near me has a TON of VFT's. I don't know why they keep stocking them. That Wal-Mart is smack dab in the middle of the ghetto. So every time they get VFT's they all just sit there and die. So I just wait for them to start dieing and I go and round up as many as I can for a BIG discount.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U guys are lucky [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

-The Nail Gun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Giant near me that sells VFTs. Another option for people who can't find them maybe.

That's a good idea Copcar... I've been wanting to just fill a giant pot with typicals for a while, and that'd be the way to make it affordable (without waiting 10 years). What do you guys say when you ask for discounts? I've never bartered in a store before... I wouldn't even know who to ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how CopCar does it, but this is what I did:

Walk up to the trays filled with half-dead/rotting VFTs and pick some unimpressive ones out. Request to speak with a manager and explain to him/her the procedures for properly taking care of VFTs, and show the half-dead plants. Explain to them they will further continue to languish unless they are exposed to proper care techniques, and ask what sort of discount would you be able to receive if you try to select a few to rescue today.

At first, I was OFFERED discount by a manager once he heard me explaining the care techniques, because the manager saw how dead the tray was---- once they realize how much their plants are dying, they will be willing to get rid of them.

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Mar. 04 2006,2:28)]That's a good idea Copcar... I've been wanting to just fill a giant pot with typicals for a while, and that'd be the way to make it affordable (without waiting 10 years). What do you guys say when you ask for discounts? I've never bartered in a store before... I wouldn't even know who to ask.
    I go in and grab a few VFT's and take them to checkout. Then I ask the cashier for a discount. Sometimes if you ask a manager and agree to get the whole tray you can get around 20 VFT's for a few bucks. Out of the 20 I can get about half to survive.
    My life sucks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast