Here are pictures of my Walmart-purchased sick plants!!! I am very concerned and sad!!!
click for larger image.
click the following for larger sizes:
I am disconcerted over this. Look how terrible they look!
here are my care methods:
1. I used to put my plants in brilliant, direct, strong Southern Californian sunlight for 2 weeks before placing them now in filtered/indirect sunlight.
2. I used to overwater my plants for 2 weeks because seeing how my first VFT Czech Giant was thriving from my care, I applied the watering techniques to the dry, store-bought VFTs as well: keeping them in a tray with a centimeter or so of water AND misting them gently with distilled/reverse-osmosis water a few times a day. But now, I don't overhead waterfeed them, just let them soak up the water in the tray.
3. At night it would get bizarrely cold, so I took them in every night and put them next to the window throughout the night, and placed them outside in the morning again.
And now my questions:
1. What are some physical signs a VFT has been over-watered?
2. What are some physical signs a VFT has been scorched by the sun?
3. What are some signs of a fungus/bacteria/insect attack?
4. How does a VFT look when it has been watered too long of a time with non-distilled, hard water?
5. Judging from these photos, what do you think happened to my plants?
6. What would be your diagnosis on recommendations on what I should do about this? (Also, any feedback on my care actions, advice/criticisms would be GREATLY appreciated)
Oh, and here is my Czech Giant venus fly trap that I have been growing under these SAME conditions, and it is FINE:
Oh my goodness, thank you so much!!! (((Very very distressed and saddened))) I had read dozens of care/instructions sites for hours and hours, and tried to avoid "over-caring" my plants too... I hope it's not a fungus attack..