What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I do it right?

Okay, lemme tell u what I did! BTW, I am new, WOOHOO! I found this website from a school project research thing in the library, LMAO, what a way to find a forum! ANYHOO, I MIGHT forget some things I did, but, heres basically what I did. I put the soil circle thingie in the water, crumbled pieces off into a pot, put the seeds in, put soil over top it, put a plastic bag over it lightly, put water on the saucer underneath and have been puttin water in for awhile...Did I do it right? I'm afraid they might not grow, LOL!

I'm guessing the soil circle thingy is a peat pellet. Not sure how much soil that would give you to plant your seeds. I usually use at least a 3" pot for my seeds and plants. Anything smaller dries out too quickly. Tap water can contain various quantities of minerals that build up in the soil over time and kill CPs (Carnivorous Plants). Distilled, RO (Reverse Osmosis), and rain water are the recommended types of water to use. For more info on VFTs read this topic: VFT Care Sheet

Hope that helped
smile.gif

Is the lovely nail gun photo really necessary?
icon-rolleyes.gif
icon_smile_dead.gif

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Feb. 27 2006,9:12)]edited my post
I saw what you wrote before that! LOL!!!

Yes, I was too distracted.

I concur what Scotty says.
::totally laughs her head off::

another thing that sent me laughing to death:

BigCarnivourKid: "if by soil circle thingys you mean peat pellets"

(totally laughs her torso off)

Generally speaking, seeds shouldn't be covered by soil. To reiterate what Big CarnivourKid said, regarding water, if you can collect rainwater, that would be cool. If ya can't, your grocery store will have gallon containers of distilled water for maybe 75 cents, give or take. Everything else you are doing is about right. I would patience as the final ingredient. Keep us posted!

Lol, I use well water, thats in my back yard, is that okay?

It depends. You'd have to send in a sample to a laboratory for analysis. Assuming you live in a rural area, your parents may be doing this on a regular basis. Maybe you can ask them about Total Dissolved Solids and/or Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Sodium concentrations. But I think if your parents can spring for an occasional gallon of distilled water, that would be a whole lot easier.

Hate to break it to you Nail Gun, but that pic of yours has got to go. You can stay, but the pic goes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 27 2006,10:07)]Hate to break it to you Nail Gun, but that pic of yours has got to go. You can stay, but the pic goes.
Aw man! LOL, fine, I'll change it!

Thank you, NailGun! It was good of you listen and take care of it so fast.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 27 2006,10:13)]Thank you, NailGun! It was good of you listen and take care of it so fast.
Yeah, I follow the rules! I care about my fellow posters! LOL, I wanna say sorry-I didnt know
smile_h_32.gif
I feel terrible for doing it now.

Dumb question, but who are Final Destination 3?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 27 2006,10:16)]Dumb question, but who are Final Destination 3?
Its this movie where people die in freak accidents. Totally awesome, go see it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 27 2006,10:16)]Dumb question, but who are Final Destination 3?
Yeah! Who are they?? They look scarier to me that that piercing from you-know-where person. The only thing scarier TNG is Bugweed's pic. Yeesh!
smile_n_32.gif

Welcome to the insane asyl...er, forum!
smile_m_32.gif

I just has a flashback to Napolean the 14th and "There coming to take me a way, haha.."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 27 2006,10:23)]I just has a flashback to Napolean the 14th and "There coming to take me a way, haha.."
TO THE FUNNY FARM WHERE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, HEHE, HOHO, HAHA!

"....and I'll be happy to see the nice young men in their clean white coats.... and they're coming to take me awaaaayyyyy!"

Back