Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the difference in light?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

My mummy told me our new window had a special coating/filtering layer that prevented certain wavelengths of sunlight in order to prevent our wooden floor from tanning and discolouring.

I keep walmart plants behind this window for a week, then move it outside to bright indirect light.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I know what windows the lab was using when I had my plants there, but I can tell you this: I have had 12 varieties of pigmy sundews, 1 Genlisia, B. liniflora, P. primuliflora, 8 non-pigmy sundews, and 8 terrestrial Utrics flower for me there. Even a sandersonii blue sent up two token stalks (never saw the flowers though). But absolutely NO Mexican butterworts would flower, except a Sethos which did so soon after arrival. In other words, it was already on its way. Do Mexican butterworts operate on a different bandwidth? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the operate at about AM 1420, the local Mexican music station LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mexi-Pings are a strange group I find that too little light and they won't flower but at the same time too much light and they won't flower either. I know that sounds odd but I have plants grown outdoors in full sun during the summer that will not bloom but their clonal siblings are blooming like made in the sunroom which has slightly less light. I also believe that temperature and humidity play an important role in Mexi-Ping blooming. Unfortunatly you'll just have to take my hear-say on that since I don't have any real "data" to prove it.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12