1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GrammarPolice? Tres interessant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I've been waiting for someone to comment about vixen's creative spelling. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (GrammarPolice @ Mar. 14 2006,8:15)]Dear Vixen:

I hereby salute you a warm welcome to the forums.

But first, some questions:

What grade are you in?

I know you are from England, but is English your native language?

Do you write like this in school?

Here are the spelling blunders alone. I call it pure "rubbish". Blimey rubbish, in fact! Sodding rubbish! J K Rowling would be mortified!

It must take TREMENDOUS effort to spell like this! whew! Tiring, isn't it?

balt = bought ?
    shore = sure ?
    life = live ?
    acherly= ACTUALLY? (this one gets me the most)
    god = good (this one actually makes religious sense)
    lerner = learner ?
    reconmendation= recommendation ?
    sorce = source ?

Thanks for joining the forum but please for many of our eyes' and ears' sakes, apply the rules of grammar and language usage your teacher gives you. The forumers here will better be able to assist you on your problems.

Good luck on your plants! Godspeed!!

Your fellow Briton,
    GrammarPolice
    I'm 24 yr's old, and I am dyslexic.

Your post has offended me as shorely this forum is about plant's and not grammer.

If your offended by my spelling iver don't read it, or even still maybe this is not the forum for me.
    Owned by:-
    Max the dog
    Harley, Oliver, Phoenix and Indie the ferrets
    Srar, Deva, Snow and Frost the gerbils

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a moderator of this forum, let me say that you do belong here Vixen. This is a forum mostly about plants; it is not about grammar and it is not about spelling. In my book, good manners, which includes being kind, are far more important than the urge to publicly correct someone without knowing the facts. One of the principle rules of this forum is to 'Be Nice'. You are both welcome to stay as contributing members of this forum, but I urge you, GrammarPolice, to be helpful and not hurtful.

Respectfully,
    JBL (aka GoodMannersPolice) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]GrammarPolice
    Looks like someone who signed up with a new username just to give vixen a hard time.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very bad taste to launch a tirade at someone who is evidently doing their best to get their point across. GrammerPolice will get no more warnings. That really sucked.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Vixen @ Mar. 14 2006,10:02)]I'm 24 yr's old, and I am dyslexic.

Your post has offended me as shorely this forum is about plant's and not grammer.

If your offended by my spelling iver don't read it, or even still maybe this is not the forum for me.
    Please don't go. We went through this once before, with another forum member that has dyslexia. We have all manner of people here. Aside from two with dyslxia, we have two with Aperegers Syndrome and we have those with ADHD, panic disorders,.... This forum is like a community and a family. It is also public. No one should ever have to be publicly humiliated. If anybody has a beef against someone, it absolutely needs to be done privately. That is part of what the PM's are designed to do. Playful teasing, which myself and the above two moderators like to do is one thing, but publicly humiliating another member is totally inappropriate.

Vixen, please continue to participate and ask questions about your plants. Enjoy this highly educational and fun discussion forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys are right on the money, lots of different people make this place interesting and helpful for everyone. Grammar police try to be offensive on the CPUK and see what happens ! Talk about diversity ! I think the attempt at humor was in poor taste and should be publicly apologized for.

We don't have a Vixen around here so with a name like that you've gotta stay ! Not to say in any way that there aren't plenty of "unnamed" vixens though ! I'm gonna stop before I get more in trouble......

Oh ya, and welcome to the forum !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast