User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heavy rain!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay folks, I need a bit of helpful reassurance here.... Here in usually sunny south Florida, we recently (about 2 weeks ago) had a pretty wicked rainstorm at my house. I was at work, so there was nothing I could do.... I came home and promptly inspected all of my plants, and noticed that all of the traps on my VFT had closed up tight, I'm assuming from the rain. (I know, never make assumptions... Blah, blah, blah...) But I wasn't worried, in high hopes that they would soon re-open to accept some of the gazillions of bugs we have down here. But, to my dismay, the traps started to blacken and shrivel! (SIDE NOTE: I think the traps shriveling may be due to "dormancy sunburn" that I have read about in other posts here, but I'm not really sure... These VFTs are itty-bitty still, no more than a quarter size leafspan, total.) I have started to notice 3 sprouts showing up, so I am still hopeful that the rain didn't kill my plants.... What should I do to protect my babies in the future I didn't want to put a screen over them for fear of blocking too much sunlight... HELP?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]??
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't do anything to protect them. Remember, they're gonna get rained on in nature. Maybe the traps started to die because smaller ones don't have the same number of "lives" as larger traps. Rain could technically be able to do a little bit of damage, but mine have seen rain, hail, whatever and are just find (and we're talking pretty much all sizes here, including the veeery smallest.) I hope they start to look nice n' perty again soon!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Jonathan said!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys! I feel better now.....
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.