User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Venus Fly Trap in a clear fishbowl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My VFT is called Vinnie [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Owned by:-
    Max the dog
    Harley, Oliver, Phoenix and Indie the ferrets
    Srar, Deva, Snow and Frost the gerbils

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's called Dead. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_o_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 13 2006,2:53)]Your sick, in a good way.
    Haha! Tell me something NEW please.

ps. MY 100TH POST!!! YEAH BABY YEA!!! (does an uber nerdy dance of triumph)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 13 2006,4:55)]
    Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ Mar. 13 2006,12:49)]You're the only person I know eccentric enough about VFT's to give them crazy little names. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I love it.
    She's not the only one! Before you arrived on the scene, there was a very similar forum member, called Butthead.

Well, I did a search for the topic in which she named her VFT's, but it was taking too long and I couldn't find it. But here's a topic she started that gives you glimpse to her hyper - fun-ness. She does mention her VW Bug by nickname - Pookie.

Hee Haw!!!!!!
    Nice! Though I wonder why a forumer would call herself Butthead.

Seriously, I've seen some really surprising names here, some very self-deprecating, Butthead's got to be among the worst! Or UglyPho, come on! THat's so mean to yourself, hehehe, albeit pho is distinctively nothing but a dish. Chose something more flattering like Vixen, I like that, that implies something sexy; or maybe something even subtle and mysterious = EntwinedScylla (to which I am very partial because as a kid I grew up on a healthy diet of tomes of mythic folklore).

I love the names I give to my VFTs, they are so cute and endearing. Get over the name Boobie guys, stop lingering onto another connotation! (sends a cyber slap on the wrist!) there are things as Blue Footed Boobies, too, that waddle and swim rather adorably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (EntwinedScylla @ Mar. 13 2006,9:59)]I wouldn't keep the other plants in those tubes if I were you. Other than that, nice idea. Dunno how dormancy will work, though.
    I thought they were more like glass fishbowls/wannabe mini-bog/terrarium rather than tubes, but oh well. Yesh, I hope they won't get waterlogged, but I only plan to water them once a week or so, only to get the soil moist.

Dormancy, I guess I'll take them out and put them in the fridge. (Look of imminent dread washes over her face)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote[/b] (larry @ Mar. 14 2006,11:42)]Bubo and Boobie are my favs. Bubo because he has such nice wonderful red traps. Plus there's a smiley face in his name. And boobie, well...that's a bit obvious [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Bubo is one of my favourite monikers too!

Boobie is named after a cute aquatic duck with bizarrely coloured feet, you dunce!!!!! (growls)

(Slaps Larry on the wrist)

Get your mind off dirty things!!!

>;-D >;-D >;-D >;-D >;-D >;-D >;-D >;-D >;-D

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I named my first successful VFT 'Rachel', after my daughter. She told me that I was weird. Go figure..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought of doing that too, but what do you tell that person if the plant is sick... or worse... dead

"Rachel dear, Rachel is dead. She died yesterday from a fungus attack. She was consumed by fungus..."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast