What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic's of your plants outside

• Thread starter Vixen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
These mini-bogs all of you guys have is amazing! I wish I had as many plants to make a mini-bog.

Bravo! Bravo! Lovely bogged VFTs! Lord Humongus, all your VFT's are way ahead of mine, which are still dormant.

Great bogs everyone! Very nicely done
smile.gif

Thanks Ugly. It's this crazy Florida weather. It's been in the 80's lately. Last night it went down to the 30's. Tonight it is giong to be 36°. I hope this deos not mess them up.
twirl.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Mar. 20 2006,7:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lord Humungus @ Mar. 17 2006,5:48)]Hey Bob, I've started an 8' by 8' by 10" bog. What I need to know is how you get enough water for it. It has not rained here in a couple of weeks. My bog is drying out. It would cost a fortune and take all my time to keep it wet with distilled water. What do you think I should do?
I am lucky to live in an area where I can use tap water because the TDS is very low. In winter, I have no problem because between November and April we get about 50 inches of rain. But, between May and October, we may get a total of 1 inch of rain. So, I use tap water. Check out the tap water in your area. You may get lucky. You can get a report from the Water District office. Otherwise, get a RO unit.

I would be concerned about a 8' x 8' bog. How do you plan to reach the center? That is why I kept mine 3' wide.
You are very licky. My tap water is something like 800 ppm

wow. here's my super-awesome collection of not one, but two plants (i got jesus the flytrap a friend and placed it in the same pot. i don't know which is which now so they are both jesus) not exactly a bog (bog- balcony... sort of similar; starts with the same letter), but i'm fairly confident that they will thrive and survive okay.

IM000819.jpg

and btw, is it okay to put them so close together in the same pot? i really am not sure.

Yep, putting them close together will not harm the your VFT's. Nice plants too, bugfreak.
dewy

Dense growth allways looks neat... I will definetaly need to seperate them some time but thats alot of 2 year olds right their that were TC

PICT0404.jpg

Cheers

Everyones oudoor bogs look so awsome. I went out and got a few crappy cellphone pics of my micro bog.

Tray3.jpg

Outdoor micro bog. This started with 3 burmanni seeds and one capinsis plant.

Tray2.jpg

Micro bog 2

IndoorVFT.jpg

All my VFT's outside are dormant so this is inside a terrarium.

Great job everyone ! Come on spring !

Copcar: I really like the look of D. burmanni and D. capensis growing together. It's like the CP weed duo
smile_n_32.gif

Haha, I wish I could get some better quality pics but my digi cam crapped on me so all I have left is my cell. Those two are battling it out, if you dig deep enough into the capensis you can see baby burmanni and on the burmanni side you can see capensis leaves poking out of the cracks in the burmanni. Its a downright war, but I think the burmanni has the upper hand because it's flowering before the capensis.

Here's my little VFT bog. I can't wait for the 'Akai Ryu' (top of the pic) to get all colored up again. Last year there wasn't a hint of green on it anywhere! Just waiting on the sun to do its thing.

1869601VFTbog.jpg

Jason

Back