What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time doing VFT seeds

Ok the time has come for me to do VFT seeds, i am starting them indoors i have them sowed, they are getting high light... so they should enjoy it... their are 8 seeds in all, im hopeing for their to be at least 1 seed started, i got them from Sarracenia northwest as a gift when some one bought me the CP E-book. Their were 20 but Im doing kind of a contest w/ my moms BF to see who can start them first. The only reason i only have 8 seeds each is cause 4 of them were crushed...

I know keep humidity up keep soil damp, lots of light, any other sudgestions? it will be around the 70's in the house so..

cheers

Thats easy...

#1) Tray water only
#2) Hit them with fungicide often

Your growing conditions are fine. Good luck bro.

Which fungicide should a person use on such tender seedlings?

I just did some VFT seeds and all you gotta do is give them some light, keep the soil damp and keep them around 60F and up. Mine germinated in about a month and a half with themps about 65F. Humidity don't matter really. I used Cleary 3336 for my fungicide. They are easy.

This may sound crazy, but when I think about how things are in nature, the plants are probably flowering right now, with temps in the 50's. The seeds are falling in the swamps. So I am trying to germinate them in a swampy media of live LFS in the attic, at a southfacing window sill, exposed to the air. We'll see what happens.

Back