Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White/Cream Dots on VFT Leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all look like they need a good repotting as well. I would definitely repot, remove all dead/infected leaves and give the plant a good soak in a fungicide solution for a few minutes. But it definitely seems like there is some type of root rot going on due to overly humid damp conditions.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah what you have ther are mealy bugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it advisable to put the VFT into dormancy (I live in the tropics) after spraying it with pesticide and fungicide? I read from one of the threads that this has the added effect of keeping the scale/bugs at bay due to the lower temp. My question is - can the VFT take it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end I could only find this pesticide called Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. It's also systemic and kills on contact. Hopefully it'll work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better make sure the prime ingredient is in it, or you may have killed the plant. Not saying you DID kill your VFT, but always experiment first (when possible) B4 using on your plants. You NEVER know what will happen to your babies with untested chemicals. If it works, you just helped out your other CP'ers in the tropics!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I found out from a fellow local grower this brand worked on CPs (without killing them ) before buying it. Now I hope that results will show soon. I just wish we had Orthene here; I've heard so many good things about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Google on Provado Ultimate Bug Killer shows the active ingredents are Imidacloprid and Methiocarb.

Imidacloprid is a systemic, chloro-nicotinyl insecticide that works by interfering with the transmission of stimuli in the insect nervous system.

Methiocarb is a contact carbamate insecticide-molluscicide. It is used as a bird repellent on fruit and grains, an insecticide, and for slug and snail control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12