I should have perceived that there was a problem earlier with the old leaves of the VFT dying off so quickly. Today, I went to check the plant and here are the symptoms:
1. There are white/cream dots under the leaves and on the traps.
2. I tried to rub these off and they do not come off easily, though I think they can come off.
3. On some of the leaves, there are white fluffy shapes (no longer mere dots).
4. The old leaves are dying off quickly.
5. New growth continues, but the new leaves are small.
6. There are a LOT of ants crawling in and out of the soil.
I have been growing the VFT for 1 year; it's always been healthy and it's only recently that this infestation happened.
Pls help. I'll try to post a pic when it stops raining. I've isolated the affected plants for now.