What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIONAEA PHOTO THREAD

New thread for spring 06. Please put all your venus flytrap photos in here to prevent the forum from becoming cluttered.

vft01.jpg

vft02.jpg

vftTop.jpg

vftBulb.jpg

Whats the deal with that last pic? Is that in a terrarium?

Haha, sorry for the lack of explination. Thats one of the bulbs I purchased in the 'terrarium'.

Nice plants tekknoschtev.
dewy

2996c16a.jpg

Over Winterd VFT that i saved from some friends Mid Winter...

Kicking it off with my Pink Venus, still quite small (this shot is pretty old, though) but I like the spider exoskeleton in the biggest trap.

Resized_PinkVFT01.jpg

I like the variability of size in this one, there's that clump that's about the size of some of the other's traps.

Resized_VFT02.jpg

Beautiful stuff Est.

TY.
smile.gif
Those were just some of the shots that I've got online, I still have yet to get around to checking out the rest of my pictures, hopefully I can turn up something more there! Nice pics everyone, now keep 'em coming!
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

Ill have ton of them after this growing season...

CHeers

Here are some photos of my Big Mouth VFT

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

Here is my poor Wacky Traps. As any teenager, it is putting its' all into sex.
VFTWacky4012.JPG

bobz, that is the craziest looking VFT I have ever seen.  What type of VFT is that?

I believed he called it Wacky Traps
Maybe something he came up with?

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe something he came up with?

'Whacky Traps' is a registered cultivar. Bob don't make up no names- he's got his stuff down.
laugh.gif

Nice pictures, people!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ April 06 2006,6:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe something he came up with?

'Whacky Traps' is a registered cultivar.  Bob don't make up no names- he's got his stuff down.  
laugh.gif

Nice pictures, people!
also called 'BaRT Simpson' thats one desperate lil VFT

I do not believe that the names "Wacky Traps" or "Bart Simpson" have been officially registered, but both have been in use for several years for probably the same clone. The rumor going around is that this plant was originally isolated by Thomas Carow and has been in limited distribution since around 1996. It is a difficult plant to keep alive. If you want some more of my experience, see
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/zphotos/VFTWackyTraps.html

Wow! I get the name now...

Thanks
cheers

That poor lil' wacky trap.
It looks so strange with that flower stalk coming up there.

Back