What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dwarf issues here...

Okay, being the rookie grower that I have repeatedly proven myself to be on here, I have yet another (hopefully not too stupid) question for you.

I have had 2 vfts, both burbanks best, both appx. 3 months old. All of the traps are staying very closely bunched together, with none of them growing any longer (thus far) more than 1/4 inch. I have been growing outdoors, where it receives 4 hours uninterrupted morning sun, followed by dappled sun from a tree's shade for the remainder of the day. I am using store-bought distilled water, and keeping the water level at a pretty consistent 3 inches below the surface of the pot (4" tall pots.) The medium used is a 50-50 mix of lfs and perlite, both washed prior to planting. Any ideas???

Burbanks best is a dense cluster grower. It won't grow large traps until it's several years old.

Ahhhh. that explains a lot then! Thanks, Humungus!
smile.gif

Back