User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come help a new grower out real quick ;).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by dirt i meant the dirt that my VFT alreday came in and wat other CP's and thrive in the same pot as a VFt if it were big enough cuz i wanna combine CP's but i dont wanna worry bout Cps that need different compost u know too much work and money so i rather stick to the same cp's that use the same thing as VFT's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 50/50 spaghnum peat/sand. I rinse the sand thoroughly, first in tap water, then in distilled water. I let the peat soak in a large bowl for about a week and then I squeeze the water out. If I don't need it immediately I repeat the process. After mixing up the soil recipe, it gets covered and stuffed in the oven, where I cook it between 180 and 200 degrees.

Basically, the medium should be as close to pure, clean, and sterile as possible.

When repotting, if you're going to do a bare root transfer, I reccomend soaking the roots in a solution of Superthrive and distilled water for half an hour or so (1/4 tsp superthrive to 3 1/3 cups water). It consistently gives the plant a boost after repotting.

Lest you think I actually know what I'm doing, I should add that I'm really just blindly doing what the Savage Garden tells me, with a couple of bits of sound advice from these forums thrown in. But I've had my VFTs for over a year and I haven't killed one yet.
    Slave to vegetable hunger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plonk the whole lot in

SPHAGNUM MOSS PEAT

Simple, easy and no messing.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12