Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flytraps outdoors question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mild as it was, the lows weren't too much lower than normal, there were just more warm days. In terms of temperature damage, I suspect they'll be fine next winter too, but we'll see. From a purely selfish POV, I only really care if they get through next winter, because after that I'll be elsewhere and have a different winter to acclimate them to.

Also, I recently bought the e-book from ***************, and they showed pots of flytraps absolutely frozen solid, then coming back in perfect form the next year (which is actually what inspired me to leave my plants outside rather than put them in the fridge. Anecdotally, the plants seem a lot more vigorous this spring than last.

I actually split my fltrap into 4 this year, so perhaps next winter I'll put two outside and two in the fridge, and see which does better the next growing season.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what part of Kentucky do you live in? im in louisville. are you going to the derby? Cincinatii is farther towards the Apalachins than louisville so i think it MIGHT survive. BTW was anybody ever noticed that nobody grows CPs (on the forum) in kentucky Anoxos, me and the doc are the only ones... . good luck im going to try my luck with VFTs and S flava this summer so wish me luck
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two words, Micro climates. Possible no?

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12