Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Flytraps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man! If I was you guys, I'd be careful who I called "Yella". After all, these guys BITE!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug I think they are talking to you YOU being "yella" You old fella who doesn;t know how to grow these plants.

LMAO
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Im gona tell you something you will not belive!!!!!!!!!!!

Walmart I tell You WALMART.

I bought one from them that was Greenish yellow hued in color I Grew in it a in a 4" pot in full SUN 9 plus hours of SUN and no color changes at all. Also this went on for Weeks and the new traps the same. carnvourkid was over one day and I told him a bout it and he is a really nice kid so I gave it to him!

But Walmart!

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Very interesting! I will have to paruse wally world and keep my eye out. So far all I have picked up were typicals, and maybe a big mouth, but I have to look at the description to see if it matched bigmouth. If its a registered cultivar that is.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to my best knowledge, I only know of one form of yellow sold by triffid park nursery. I grow this plant and it is nothing real special, just lighter in color. Others maybe look to be yellow, but keep in mind they are still typicals nothing more unless they are bought from a reliable source. Any vft bought from walmart can never be a true big mouth either, maybe just a vigorous plant. Coining vft bogus names will only further confuse the jumble that is going around these days with multiple false clones of the original plants.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter I couldn't agree with you more.

I have some 10 or so forms, all demonstrating variations of color, erectness, trap size and color, trap shape, banding, mutated cilia, number of trigger hairs and habit of off setting.

With all these variations it just doesn't make sense to slap a bogus name on everyone.

I think, if a person is distributing many interesting VFT's that they number their clones, photograph them, and maske the photo's available. This way the people getting the plants have a reference.

Better yet would be Cultivar Publication which is a simple enough process. If they're desirable enough to share, then they are good candidates for publication.

I'd be happy to walk anyone through the process.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you guys and I have a few varations of VFT's But this one was diffrent. and all the sun and not a bit of red. All of mine have at least a bit. I mean one cell. This one had not on even with the new traps. maybe a mixed up VFT ))))

But your right

Ask carnivorkid for a pict. maybe he can get one

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin I thought you said that is if conformed to the published cultivar description it couls rightly be called that. Thats why I added
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If its a registered cultivar that is.
    to the end of my post. I agree with you that if its not registered then its bogus. So basicly what your saying is the big mouth cultivar is not a registered cultivar so realy the name is bogus. Works for me. Has someone published about the yellow traps yet? If not lets get on it and call it VFT Terraforum What do you say to a group write up? We could start a thread revolving around it and it can be stickied for future people to read from.

I retain info like a sponge! Teach us oh wise Tamlin! I just love learning new things.
    JB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast