What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

post your pics of vfts u just bought from a store

• Thread starter geffcardo
  • Start date
i was wondering what everybody vfts look like when they get it from stores
cuz i heard they're usually half dead
i just wanna compare them to mines

They're not always in bad condition. Just depends how soon you visit Home Depot ot Lowes, following their shipment. The ones I bought 3 years ago looked great and then looked even better after a couple months of growth. After dormancy, though, their redmess was replaced by pink.

S.jpg

what is that? that doesnt look like a venus flytrap to me
btw, where can u get pitcher plants?

Granted, the S. purpurea was the featured plant in the picture, but the plant in the purple pipette container is a VFT, after a dormancy, ~10 months after purchase from Home Depot. The pitcher plant came from Lowes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (geffcardo @ June 28 2006,12:48)]i was wondering what everybody vfts look like when they get it from stores
cuz i heard they're usually half dead
i just wanna compare them to mines
The one's I got from a local garden center (little shop of horrors plants) were in really good shape and are doing great right now like this one:

VFT_new_02.jpg

This one is a Lowes buy, now in it's own 8 inch pot:

DCP_1972.jpg

Here are a couple of VFTs that I just bought at my local Orchard Supply Hardware (click to open larger 140kb images):

Both were in good shape, and seem to be doing well so far.

Back