User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I gotta get a cage or something!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple weeks ago my VFT's, after having recovered from a bit of inside to outside shock, got gnawed by something. Whatever it was also got into my cobra lily and bit the pitchers off some of them. I'm thinking very seriously about buying a birdacge, or something to that effect to keep them out and sunshine in. But that's not the thrust of this topic.

One of the VFT's was just plain decapitated and for the lark of it I placed the top portion in one of the other minibogs, nestled in the live LFS. I looked at today and it is still green. There is actually a trap in development. Anybody else try this with success?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

I've taken the occasional top portion and stuck it in sphagnum, but unfortunately, none of them stayed green for long and nothing grew. It seems you really need the white flesh down by the base to get leaf cuttings to grow in my experience. Unless you're doing tissue culture or something, I think.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 30 2006,8:47)]I'm thinking very seriously about buying a birdacge, or something to that effect to keep them out and sunshine in.
    If the neighbors ask, the cage is to keep your plants from eating anymore of the neighborhood pets !
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ July 01 2006,2:31)]
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 30 2006,8:47)]I'm thinking very seriously about buying a birdacge, or something to that effect to keep them out and sunshine in.
    If the neighbors ask, the cage is to keep your plants from eating anymore of the neighborhood pets !
    That would be Ozzy, circa April 1, 2004

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like I mentioned via PM, Jim, you MUST grab a little cage- I use a parrot cage and a rabbit cage, if you keep your eyes open you should even be able to buy one for next to nothing in a used condition- both mine are re-used/snagged-from-the-curb and I have NO critter problems whatsoever- either way I hope you get it sorted out you already have enough experiments on the go, no need for critters to force you into doing even more
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll be hitting the yardsales this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 30 2006,9:47)]A couple weeks ago my VFT's, after having recovered from a bit of inside to outside shock, got gnawed by something. Whatever it was also got into my cobra lily and bit the pitchers off some of them. I'm thinking very seriously about buying a birdacge, or something to that effect to keep them out and sunshine in. But that's not the thrust of this topic.

One of the VFT's was just plain decapitated and for the lark of it I placed the top portion in one of the other minibogs, nestled in the live LFS. I looked at today and it is still green. There is actually a trap in development. Anybody else try this with success?
    Jim, isn't is about time you write "Jimscott's series of unfortunate disasters"
    dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Yeah... and I'll be doing a book signing at Borders!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast