Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Folair feeding my Venus flytrap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess making mistakes is how we all learn and practice makes perfect, and as far as being a pro to me there is actually no pros there is only learning from mistakes in sharing it with other people like ourselves, me I'm going to experiment on one of my plants with blood meal that is what they like is blood and protein so I'm going to be dipping some flies into blood meal of very very diluted tea will see if this inspires this sickly little plant of mine to grow I will let you know thanks for all the help.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May have trouble getting the VFT trap to stay closed on the blood meal. They need continuous movement inside the trap after it closes to get it to seal and secret enzymes for digesting prey. It might work better on passive traps of pitcherplants, sundews, pings and Neps.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fly will still be alive I'm just going to dip it in the blood meal tea, it should have enough of the blood meal on it so that the fly is wet with blood meal in the fly should still be able to move around, I'm going to try this once the new growth on my plants open, I will let you know how this works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real help. A bottle of superthrive to revive the plants. It feeds the root, promotes root growth, and gives the plant a few needed vitamins. I use it twice a year on my 150 VFT's. They love it. Leave the rest to nature. Fool with them too much, and you can kiss them goodbye.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK bugweed I will try Superthrive, also I need to know is how you suggest I mix it with 1 gal. of water or is there another method that you suggest please reply as soon as you can. as you can tell I am just learning about carnivores plants, right-thinking about going to school to become a plant tollegest. Joining these forms I think that will make this my new home and learned here probably more than I will in school thanks for the tip. Like I said when you have time jot down the mixing directions for the superthrive per gallon of water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Directions are on the bottle. They recommend one drop per gallon. I recommend 6 drops. If your plants are ok, it WILL give them a shot in the arm and perk them up. If something is wrong, it may take a while. A soil base of pure peat moss is just fine for them. Add sand if you want to, but, straight peat has worked for me for 40 years. Perlite = BAD. Don't use it unless you want it all over the place.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you bugweed I will be getting some picture plant's on the 16th wish me luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be PITCHER plants, Boss!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast