What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My VFTs are here!

My VFTs arrived today.

Regular
200101824_d4b4473d9c.jpg

Red Dragon
200101646_6ce94c6acc.jpg

Dente
200101246_f93cc5f516.jpg

I found out what they were.

cool.gif

Glad you didnt have to wait TO long. At least they arived looking healthy!

Thanks. I'm pretty excited.

VEry nice plants! The 'Dentate Traps' produce some of the largest traps in my collection.

Nice! Let's hope they catch lots of food!

Tom

Where did you order them from? When I ordered some, they came looking terrible.. and I still haven't gotten any new traps yet, just sprouts, some of which occasionally die :-/

Wow, thats where i ordered mine from, and they looked terrible, and wer even uprooted. I'm still waiting for them to grow :-/

Did you get the trio package with free seedling? When did you order it? Well I wish you luck with your VFTs, and let me know how they do.

yes i did.. the seedling was the healthiest of them all.. i ordered around the 9th of july

Almost the same time as me. I ordered on July 17th.

Well i guess only time will tell :-/ By the way your pitcher plant seedling looks like a baby Sarracenia purpurea to me
smile.gif

Really?! How can you tell? AWWW, I love the S. Purpurea! heheh ...

Last night I moved all of my CPs from the window sill to outdoors. This morning I saw that one of the VFT's traps have turned a little black, but that one had a large fly in it, so that might be the cause. The Drosera had lots of dew this morning, it had been quite a cool night. Anyway I'm hoping that they won't get too much of a shock. They will be getting some morning sun today! I'll check them again tonight.

They shoudl be just fine, some of the growth may whither, but most of it should be alright! The shape of the seedling looks similar to new growth on my S. Purpurea. Good luck!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, EvoWake. You know what, last night I ordered a couple of Sarracenias and a Pygmy Sundew, this time from Serracenia Northwest. This is definitely becoming an addiction LOL.

Ok here's a pic I took this morning:

204029781_97c2cddef8.jpg

Hah, I know what you mean, i'm up to 6 Dionaea, 2 Drosera and 1 Sarracenia.

Back