Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help IDing a new VFT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BobZ, that clears up a lot of the confusion I've had about classifications.

As for the Savage Garden, I do plan to get a copy as soon as I have the money for it.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Savage Garden is a great book and useful resource but bear in mind that no one book is THE book. It can be a good guideline but don't take every word as the gospel. There are all kinds of ways of growing CPs and everyone needs to find what works for them in their own locality. Many growers "break the rules" and have great success with their plants.

Do some research, do some experimenting and find out what works for you. A good way is to research the physical characteristics of a plant's native environment and try to duplicate that...plus reading and asking questions.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 03 2006,3:18)]The Savage Garden is a great book and useful resource but bear in mind that no one book is THE book. It can be a good guideline but don't take every word as the gospel. There are all kinds of ways of growing CPs and everyone needs to find what works for them in their own locality. Many growers "break the rules" and have great success with their plants.

Do some research, do some experimenting and find out what works for you. A good way is to research the physical characteristics of a plant's native environment and try to duplicate that...plus reading and asking questions.
    That is true.. but as far as literature on CP's goes.. you must admit that this is the best hardcopy source available to us!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (EvoWake @ Aug. 03 2006,2:57)]
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 03 2006,3:18)]The Savage Garden is a great book and useful resource but bear in mind that no one book is THE book. It can be a good guideline but don't take every word as the gospel...
    That is true.. but as far as literature on CP's goes.. you must admit that this is the best hardcopy source available to us!
    At least until Barry's book comes out in a couple months.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12