Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can venus flyraps die?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theoretically, if grown in optimal conditions with no risk of disease, they can live forever as long as the crown stays healthy. One of our members has one thats like 50 years old or so.

If someone wants to correct me, please do! I'd like to know if i'm wrong.

Also, If you have one plant and it splits into two, technically if one dies and the clone lives it's the same plant.... Sort of. It's two, but also one. Kind of paradoxical. I hate paradoxes.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Clint was alluding to, Bugweed, technically has a clone of a plant from like 4 decades ago. If I understand correctly, the original plant is long gone, but its clones keep going and going and... Aside from flowering / producing seeds, they also do "vegetative propogation", whereby new plants form as offshoots from the adult plant. They also sprout from leaves that are loosely embedded in soil media.

But the question you were asking is about the longevity of a particular plant. That I can't tell you, but I'm sure that there others who can. Most of us kill our respective plant within a couple years, especially within the first few months!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to check the bulb and to prevent fungus attack? Should we use fungicide?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12