What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black VFT?

Howdy yall, let me start by first saying that yesterday we had nearly 4 inch of muchneeded rain. we also had temperatures down in the low 40s last week. so i don't know if those factors have anything to do with it, but the outsides or corners of my VFTs are startign to turn black! can someone tell me waht they thinkis going on? I have 4 pictures that i have taken this morning:

B1.jpg

B.jpg

b2.jpg

B3.jpg

confused.gif

Aaaaaah!

Every plant that has ever existed grows leaves while old leaves die. Dionaea is no different. Your Dionaea is getting ready for dormancy anyway, so expect more.

Yeah that was one hell of a storm!! My god.

Anyway you have nothing to worry about. Those leaves are on there way out and will be replaced soon.

Looks normal to me.

I would worry if the all the leaves/traps started turing black, but by the looks of it, the plant looks fine.

Copcar, this it OT but are you a guy or a girl?

Are you a cop?

Read HIS profile... =)

yeah....its normal. So many times for me..the traps die especially when the plants u get are new and trying to get accustomed to the environment. However, the leaf blades or petioles are still green and photosynthesising.

Oh come on, I'm a dude.

Copcar is what my buds used to call my car. I'm not a cop, I run a bakery.

And just one more, how come you have several different avatars of Asian women doing various things such as eating watermelon?
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

Because they're HOT!!!!!!!! =)

^^ Exactly ^^

I think asian chicks are the hottest women in the world. But thats just me.

K, just wondering. Not that I disagree or anything.
smile.gif

-Ben

LOL! a little OT dont ya think people? its getting redy for dormancy. my VFTs experienced the first frost of the year a couple of days ago. most of the leaves died and turned black. this happened to all my outdoor plants except my S. "Scarlet Belle" which has actually gotten more color since the frost
smile.gif

Alex

Bakery huh? Far from law enforcement.

What DO you bake? Can I call you Nancy?

Allright GOOD i am glad it's just dormancy, to review dormancy ill just keep it ouside all winter and it will adjust accordingly, I just need to keep it moist, Right?
biggrin.gif

For now keep it moist. I like dry dry my temperates to within 2 inches of their life in winter
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 17 2006,9:57)]Bakery huh? Far from law enforcement.

What DO you bake? Can I call you Nancy?
You call me Nancy and I'll kill you.
smile.gif

I make lots of cookies and pies. Then I sell them to Walgreens and they resell 'em all.

Lol, Nancy is on Weeds and used to run a bakery so I asked
smile.gif

Lmao, cookies and pies? At a bakery? Lol. If I was a baker or a chef i'd weight 500 pounds.

Yeah your right. My diet is HORRIBLE but I work my butt off to stay thin. Every day I go out and run 4 miles and I go the the gym 3 times a week. All that and I'm still 200lb's (at 5'11")
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Oct. 18 2006,9:35)]Yeah your right. My diet is HORRIBLE but I work my butt off to stay thin. Every day I go out and run 4 miles and I go the the gym 3 times a week. All that and I'm still 200lb's (at 5'11")
smile_h_32.gif
Your lucky! I'm 5' 11" also and that's the weight my doctor wants me at! Only *cough*45 lbs*cough* to go
smile_l_32.gif

#1Trapper - Just moist is fine. Not too wet and not too dry. Watch for mold or fungus and trim off dead material to minimize them.

Back