0 Thread(s)
    heres another link but w a pic
    http://www.dunecraft.com/img....g-3.jpg

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like the little red froggy in the second pic.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]This rare and unusual collection of carnivorous plants will flourish for years in this specially designed terrarium with proper care.
    Hmmm... They do not mention anything on lighting. Without proper light intensity (either from sunlight or artificial lighting), your plants will not "flourish for years". Plus the actual "terrarium" does not seem suitable to hold light fixtures, it will only aid in keeping in humidity, which is not enough for CP's.

It also mentions that it includes seed, which may not be ideal for a beginner.

Bottom line: This is not a good buy for a beginner. The dome shouldn't really be used after the plants have started to grow. If you want to give it a try, go ahead, but if you want to seriously go into CP's, buy plants individually from nursieries, reliable online vendors, or other stores like home depot, lowes, and wal-mart.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I say nay.

The instructions appear to be written by someone who went on the internet and copy and pasted different things. In different parts of instructions there are open contradictions in what conditions to give.

Furthermore, the seed situation is abysmal. All of the seeds come on one pack and are unlabled. So if you don't already know what each genus's seed looks like you wont know which ones need cold treatment.

If you're buying something like this because you're new to the game, it's actually sort of counterproductive. A person who already knows what they're doing can probably do more with one of these kits.

It's a very nice gift to give/receive because it's very thoughtful. However if you're giving it, be sure to be on call to give advice about real growing conditions and pre-sowing treatment.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have that. it did have an assortment of varieties. i used my cp knowledge like i would to grow any cp. it did reccomend stratification though. it said plant the seeds in here and stick in you refridgerator for at least 4 weeks
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i have that. it did have an assortment of varieties. i used my cp knowledge like i would to grow any cp. it did reccomend stratification though. it said plant the seeds in here and stick in you refridgerator for at least 4 weeks
    However, there's seeds in there that don't need it. I believe that was the case, however, it's been a long time since I checked.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those kits are a rip-off and are very misleading. I think they should be taken off the market for misleading advertising.
    For 25 bucks + s/h you could get full-grown versions of the plants in the kit or seeds for a fraction of the price.
    Definitely a scam, you can tell the pic of the plants growing in the mini bog is photoshopped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast