Thread: Rotting VFTs?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse re: cinnamon

Quote Originally Posted by glider14 View Post
    how does cinnamon do? i put cinnamon on my dormant plants in the fridge so they wouldnt rot. if i wrap them in Live Sphag....do i need to worry about fungucides?
    Alex
    Cinnamon works fine when applied to fungus, but not so good as a preventative treatment. The oils in cinnamon that kill fungus are volatile and evaporate in a short time. So applying it to your plants before doing 'fridge dormancy only kills any fungus that might be growing at that time.

Sphagnum moss has antifungal properties, but it's not a 100% quarantee that a fungus that is resistant to those properties wouldn't start growing. I would check the plants on a regular basis just to be sure you catch any fungal problems before they get bad.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you're trying to save the environment or something then pick up some fungicide. I use Schultz's insecticide/fungicide/mitacide and it works great.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Unless you're trying to save the environment or something then pick up some fungicide. I use Schultz's insecticide/fungicide/mitacide and it works great.
    Would that be the neem-based stuff? I've used this with great success as well. Burned my dews a bit (doesn't it all?) but on VFTs I have hosed them down like crazy without any sign of ill effect. Great stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12