What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's clone?

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dente

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I have a dente, red dragon, and a typical VTF in one pot. But, now there is a clone of either the dente or the typical as it was inbetween them. I can't tell if it is dente or typical as the teeth are to small to compare. Can you tell me what else to look for?

Yes. A camera. Like to see what you are unable to describe.

I don't know how to post them.

Find an free image sharing site (Google search on "free image sharing"), create an account and upload your images with the web browser interface these sites will have. Then post links to the images. Most of the sites will provide you with links that you can just copy and paste into the messages here.

Many of the members use photobucket.com or flickr.com but there are dozens of other sites.

I will try to get a good picture of it.

:comp: Well my camera refuses to take a good picture. The best I can do is a blury outline of a plant.:sorry:

Does your camera have a macro or close focus mode? It's usually a flower icon on the menu or switch settings. You might need to put it in that mode to get in closer for your picture to be in focus.

Thats what I hade it on, I not a good at taking pictures.

Thats what I hade it on, I not a good at taking pictures.
Getting good at taking pictures takes practice, though some on the forum seem to have a natural nack for taking good pics. Now you have a good reason to take lots of pics and get that practice; we like to see/compare plants. Though I spend most of my time being green with envy because everybody else has such nice looking plants.

Well my card can hold 435 pictures, so I guess I can. (she bought the one she THOUGHT was small.

Yes, everybody has a few hundred bad pictures in them. Some people just get them out of the way sooner than others and some people sort of give up. Keep plugging away. The most common errors when taking close-up photos are:

outside the focusing range of the lens/camera - you're either too close or not close enough - check the manual for the distance ranges.
camera movement - if you don't have a tripod, brace your elbows on a table top or something . Brace the camera on something steady, a nearby pipe, a stack of books, a bag of rice, beans, etc. Also gently depress the shutter button - don't punch it down. Use the flash - this can cut down blur from camera/subject movement. A faster 'film' speed could help too, at the expense of resolution.

Post a couple of pictures anyway, and we can get an idea of what you are doing, right or wrong.

Besides you can always delete the really messed up ones :grin:

Back