What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light Burn?

Sunny day in winter:( Lol, I was so proud of my 20,000 lumens, too :(

hello there,

I was just passing by and noticed this thread. I appreciate firstly that JLP has recommended my setup :) . If I can help here are tips from me:

1) Virginia - you can soo definately grow VFT;s outside...they would love it and you will have real happy plants.

2) If you still want a terrarium -- look up my old thread - making a terrarium , materials in hand thread where I have a picture setup of my terrarium. However remember NOT TO GET SCHULTZ peat...get the big bale of pure sphagnum peat.

3) Biggest pain in the a** - Lighting - Seeing that you are in the US obviously....get "Lights of America - Sunlight desk lamp" If you can get 2 of these. That is a minimum for the 10 gallon aquarium which I have. I currently have one of these + 1 ott lite 13 watt lamp. After all that....and after atleast 4 months....the plants will show signs of recovery if all other conditions are right...like water etc.

This is my setup early jan: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47080724/
When I started they looked really bad...but since they were fresh TC plants...they took the torture. Now I can see them becoming more delicate.

Main thing....DO NOT GET INCANDESCENT lighting. Get full spectrum fluoroscent. Get the lights of america sunlight desk lamp. it is really nice....VFT's love it. The more the better.

Back