What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A monster

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
As some of you know I have a friend who does a little TC work and he is kind enought to take on some of my material now and then. A couple years ago on a whim I passed hima few VFT seed I made. Yesterday I was visiting and saw this monstrosity which came up from one of the seeds

P2120017crop1.jpg

P2120017crop2.jpg

For reference the contianer is 15cm across and 8cm deep. The angle of the shot is not great but the trap behind my thumb is just shy of being the same size as my thumb. Think pinky mouse and you will have an idea of what could fit in this guys mouth.

THe next thing we plan is to get it on multiplication media so that we have spare to play with. Following that we are going to plant it out and see if it retains the trait out of flask. If it is stable then a name may be in the works.

YEah fun

Kewl...

well big mouth is taken, b52... hmmm so what are the early favs?

oh and put me on the waiting list ;)

Av

No thoughts yet though I try to shoot for more exotic names than straight up descriptives. I am sure my friend and I will think up something cool.

laqueus amplus

I know, but latin just sounds so cool

Av

Woah only 2 years old? Is that growth rate normal for TC?

About average, maybe a little slow. Some of the other seeds I gave him had flowering plants within 8-10 months.

Wow I had no idea! I've never grown 'em from seed.

Call it 'Pinkie Eater' lol

Very impressive!:0o:

Wow! I wanna make VFT seeds like that too.

It would have to have characteristics that distinguish it from 'B52' but how about "Mean Green Mother"?

WOW! call it the 'De-mouser'!!
Alex

that is insane. My b52 formed a 2 inch trap ....but a seedling at that size is insane.

Bertha.

xvart.

Back