Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carnivorous Creations kit by dunecraft

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kits are nice, but one pays for aesthetic appeal - like the Lowes cube. What I have done is simply used old pipette dispenser containers that I saved from work, and filled with moist media. Then I placed the seeds on top, closed the lid, and placed at a window sill. In about 3 weeks, most sundews germinated. The box also works as an "open tray" and shipping container.

Yogurt cups also work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if there coutesy of the icps i would of thought they would of been of much better quaility

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if they sit in a box at Michaels collecting dust.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VFT seeds and many Drosera species lose viability within a matter of weeks unless stored cold. I left mine sitting out unrefrigerated for 4-5 months before I started to stratify them. That was on top of who knows how long it was sitting in the store and warehouses etc.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I just dug up the instructions for this. It says the seed packet is courtesy of the ICPS! So I would hope the ICPS is getting a little of the money spent on these. That's a good thing
    Wait a minute! Are you saying packets of seeds obtained from ICPS are being sold by Dunecraft? If so, this will take a bit of looking into.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZ View Post
    Wait a minute! Are you saying packets of seeds obtained from ICPS are being sold by Dunecraft? If so, this will take a bit of looking into.
    Hi Bob

Quote the instructions:

"Credits: Color photos used on box, instructions, deals (sic. decals), and seed pack courtesy of Carl Mazur, chair of the International Carnivorous Plant Society."

Re-reading it now it appears the photos, not the seed pack itself, are courtesy of the ICPS.

Instructions are copyrighted 2004.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    nah i know you are just trying to help i already have them in the fridge i am gonna take them out probably next week and place the terrarium in a windowsill
    The only problem with the windowsill is if you have narrow ones like me. You guessed it! Plop! right into the carpet. Well the Sarracenia unknown was due to be repotted so I got that done, I'll give it the Bugweed 24/7 treatment and see what happens. As for the Drosera spathulata seeds I had just sown in there buh-bye.

I rescued the Bog Buddies. I got gypped and didn't get the blue gravel but no big deal really, I wouldn't have put them in in the first place.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disco, If the seeds in the kit don't grow, then keep an eye on the trading forum for more seeds or plants this coming year. People are often trading extras for stuff they want.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast