What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many vfts are there????

• Thread starter VTFlover
  • Start date
There's really only one, if you're talking species. All flytraps are Dionaea muscipula. However, among VFTs, there are many cultvated varieties (cultivars) that have been named for their outstanding characteristics. I couldn't tell you how many cultivars are out there; people make new ones every year. It's easily over a hundred, I know that much.
~Joe

well....and it depends on what you prefer as well...once you get experienced with growing them.,..u might want to get more and more of them...some experts like xscd here goes only with typical plants.....others go for the entire cultivar range....some remain with the common triplicate. :)

i wanna slowly get more and more differnt types lol

well.....thats good! I agree too....I would like to get more as well...but firstly you should focus on growing the easy available 3. I mean there are some cultivars which are pretty expensive...so u might as well grow the easy ones for a couple of years or atleast one year till you get enough confidence that you can grow them. :)

Go to Google. Type in Dionaea photos, and click the topmost one. Straight to B. Zeimers site of all pics of all clones known. (make sure humboldt.edu is in the url.)

My favorites are the red piranha, dente, red dragon, and then the typical.

Back