User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to grow a VFT with other plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, my VFT isn't doing amazing or anything because I foolishly bought the one that was flowering. But I'll take some pics soon. And I grow mine indoors because I like looking at them better in terrariums for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeds are NOT foolish. All you have to know is how to fertilize the flower with its own pollen.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are if you just started. But I get the feeling my plant isn't dead... Doing pretty good actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My one and only VFT: (I think I have two plants)

And it's biggest leaf that just grew: (PS: I've had this for just over a month now I think)

Sarr on March 2nd:

Sarr today:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way I grow these all together in the same terrarium with near 100% humidity
    My N. Ventricosa "Red":

My Potatoe that is doing better than I wanted (Taking over the terrarium, so I cut parts of it off after the photo):

And I forgot the flower that kind of died on the VFT:

EDIT: I guess you can't see the brown tips of some of them, but it's been like that for about as long as I've had it

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need more light to do what you are trying to do. Dionaea and Sarracenia aren't good terrarium plants unless you're hell bent on growing them inside and have cash to burn. It wouldn't hurt to put that Drosera outside, too by the looks of it. No offense or anything intended. If you don't want to put the Dionaea outside (which I HIGHLY recommend), move it as close to the lights as you can. Only decumbent Sarracenia can be raised close to fluorescents which is why erect species (and EVEN decumbent) are REALLY suited for outside culture unless you want to go HID .

Oh and having such high humidity in those conditions can help fungi get a foothold.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Sarracenia looks like the unknown Gubler special I bought at Lowe's back on New Year's eve. See this thread. I kept them on a window sill a little over a month where the two big leaves you see in post #12 of the thread developed. The first photo in #12 was taken maybe 1.5-2 weeks after I moved it outdoors, the second photo 1 week later. Don't discount windowsill growing either.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think I have two plants too. And I bought them at Lowes also.
    And JLAP, I don't have much of a choice right now but I think the terrarium is working for my Nepenthes (the one I ordered anyway). And those drosera are doing TERRIBLE. There are maybe one or two "dew ball thingys" on them and none of them are red at all, but then again it is putting out a good amount of new leaves.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast