Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: VFT advice and tips

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Yeah, and didn't your CO2 unit blow up, too? Maybe that had something to do with it!

Bugfreak - how's your soil look? Make sure you are using clean water. If it arrived in poor health you might want to contact the seller/trader. If it came bareroot you might want to check your soil ingredients. Make sure there is no fertilizer in it.

xvart.

No, it blew up in my face! Lmao, my Aldrovanda died way before that though lol. You should have seen my always over reactionary mother screaming lmao.

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never said i knew everything dude, to be honest, i thought this forum was full of noobs like the last one i was at...so i came here to help the newbies...and i'll be the first to admit i don't know everything...but i'll also be the first to admit i've found a way that works for me, and it's works for a lot of newbies i help out too...so y don't u share how u grow yours, so i can learn and try different ways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    bugfreak- Has the plant always been in "bad" shape? Or is there something that triggered it to go bad all the sudden?
    i've had the plant probably a year or so. i'm assuming it just came out of dormancy. it wasn't looking so good before last winter either. i am seeing signs of new growth, which is good. i just got back from Lowes with another one and some sphagnum moss. i will go buy some distilled water and hope for the best.

too bad my plant is so pitiful, cause my husband caught a big-ole juicy fly the other day.

hey, if the traps are small, does that mean it's a young plant? me is a plant dum dum

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it pure sphagnum moss? Are you going to transplant your "old" one too? I think transplanting is your best bet. How did you give it dormancy? fridge?
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmm.... how can you tell if it's "pure"/ what do yo mean?

for dormancy, i just set it in a shaded, half covered corner and tried to remember to not let it dry out. i transplanted it tonight with my new aquisition from Lowes. (we went to look for rubber tubing for hubby- ended up with a plant)

anyway, i planted my plants in a mix of the medium that was already there and peat moss. i believe it's been haning out in some dried peat moss or something. i did notice that the stuff i just got allows for more ventilation.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pure sphagnum moss means it is moss only: not mixed with sand or usually perlite.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look on the back at the ingredients. Just make sure it doesn't have anything funny added in. And that it is the right kind of moss. They sell "green moss" which is said to be deadly for cps. That's all I'm sayin
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_dude View Post
    hey if ne one ever needs help with VFT's, ask me, i am a very experienced grower and know all the myths about VFTs and know the absolute true way to grow ur VFT to it's full potential...
    psh! dont tell us! show us! what do your plants look like?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast