Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: signs of life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

signs of life

Ok. so with the crazy weather that a few of us had a couple of weeks ago, I had some of my cps covered with snow. Now, some of my vfts and pitchers are shriveled and black. How do i know if it's still alive?
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you very gently and carefully dig so some of the rhizome is exposed, you can tell. If it's firm and white, it's still alive. carefully cover it back up. If it's squishy and brown, it's probably dead.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Or you can just wait and see if the plant shows new growth from the center of the rosette... It'll be a surprise.
    -Joel from Southern California

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they had been acclimated to being outside then they are likely to be alive and well enought to recover. I had a similar experience last October when we had a freak snowstorm. It killed the foliage of my D. binata & filiformis plants. I brought they and the other minibigs in, to the attic for an early dormancy and when late winter came around, new growth was initiated. So I would say that you just have surficial damage and not permanent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting along with you. Mine were covered w/ snow too. Hopefully the centers will sprout soon !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304