What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical with crested trap!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I was looking at my typical that is starting to color up when I noticed the biggest trap was becoming red and was crested! Is there a posiblity that it will continue this or go back to normal for a while or ever?

It's probably a one off I'm afraid, but keep looking.

And also please provide pics!

I also took a closer look at my dente and "all" its traps are crested!

These "crested" clones are just gross. They are mutated

If I had asymmetrical misshapen wrinkly folds of skin with knobs poking out and deformed limbs, I'd be deformed, not "crested".

If I had asymmetrical misshapen wrinkly folds of skin with knobs poking out and deformed limbs, I'd be deformed, not "crested".

lol .. mind if i use your quote in my sig? :-))

what do you mean by crested?

Add me to the picture request list. I'd like to see what you mean.

Deformations can have specific names, take for instance "scoliosis".

And something that is crested is not necessarily deformed - take birds for example: the Black-Crested Warbler.

If you had "multiple lesions of the lymph nodes (lipolymphohemangiomas), overgrowth of one side of the body (hemihypertrophy), an abnormally large head (macrocephaly), partial gigantism of the feet, and darkened spots or moles (nevi) on the skin" you could simply say you are deformed. Or you could say you had "Proteus Syndrome" from what Joseph Merrick (aka "the Elephant Man") apparently suffered from.

If you were a plant, we'd make you a cultivar ;)

Exactly. Crested birds are nice. If the plant had some symmetrical form to it it MIGHT look halfway decent.

Sorry, I am still in a scramble to find it as you all think of a way to track me down and through rotten fruit at me for not finding it.

pics.gif
pics.gif
pics.gif

Ok I found my camrea so I will post some soon. When I was looking for it though that trap caught a bug so no opened pics.

Back